Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.tweakslumber.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 of the United Kingdom (the “Act”) (as amended from time to time) our data controller can be contacted on email@example.com.
Additionally, if you would like to correct your personal data or just access it please do not hesitate to contact us by email or by post; details of which are in the “Contact us” section of this policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site tweakslumber.com (our “site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when, among other things, you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or such other activities which may occur from time to time via our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect (“Device Information”) the following information:
– Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
Our websites use “cookies” which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website and which enable us to distinguish you from other users of our website. Cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Once you agree to the cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us;
- For the specific purpose for which it was volunteered (for example, to perform a credit check, to register a product warranty, to answer an e-mail, etc.);
To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already (targeted advertisements or marketing communications), For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.;
- For internal record keeping;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- To improve the content, appearance and utility of our websites; our product; or services;
- To track our visitor use of our websites for internal market research; and
- To notify our visitors of updates to the websites or of new products, special offers, changes to our service, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
In addition, our web servers may automatically recognise information regarding your domain name (or that of your access provider) and e-mail address, and we may use this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous, unless you voluntarily tell us who you are. We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or for so long as either you or legislation permits.
From time to time, we may contract with companies or persons, whose privacy practices are consistent with ours, to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, etc. We may provide these providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. In addition, we may use third-party advertising companies to serve or track ads on our website and other websites. These companies may use anonymised information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We do not authorise any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
We love to update our customers on new products, promotions and Foam Comforts activities worldwide.
When you make a purchase with us online you will be asked to opt in to this email marketing service, if you change your mind, you have the option to opt out of receiving any email communications at any time from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email which we might send to you. Alternatively, you can email or write to us at any time.
Editing, updating, correcting information about you
To edit or update your personal data, please let us know by contacting us by email or postal mail. Please be sure to include your email address, mailing address, full name, and specifically what information you want us to ammend.
Sharing your Personal Information:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may share your personal information with companies within the Foam Comforts group for administrative and/or marketing purposes. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States and may therefore be subject to local data protection laws.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Foam Comforts or any of its group companies, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
YOUR RIGHTS If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, and you do so at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children.
We love to hear from our customers and we always appreciate your feedback; this helps us to improve our website and our service to you.
We can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by telephone: 0333 003 3352.