All Tweak Slumber mattresses are covered under a 10 year warranty. There's no need to register your warranty, it will automatically become active from the date of delivery of your new mattress.
Your mattress is protected against faulty workmanship and materials for a period of 10 years from the date of delivery. In the event of a claim against your warranty, we will endeavour to repair or replace, at our discretion, any mattress component, or the whole mattress, free of charge during this period providing an inspection or photographs reveal the mattress meets the criteria below.
Please note that in order to claim against the warranty, sufficient evidence will need to be provided of fault, and the claim will need to be made inline with our warranty claims process outlined below.
What the Warranty Covers
The warranty covers the following faults or defects in the materials or workmanship of the mattress. This includes:
- Any manufacturing fault resulting in a defect of the zip.
- Visible dipping or sagging of the mattress greater than 3cm that has not resulted due to normal body impressions or improper use as per our care instructions below.
- Failure of the spring base.
- Rips or tears to the cover which has not been caused due to negligent care or use of the mattress.
- Damage to the mattress caused during delivery and reported at the time of delivery.
What the Warranty Doesn’t Cover:
- Normal ageing, or wear and tear of the mattress.
- Changes in the hardness of any of the mattress components including the foam inserts.
- Natural settlement of the fillings resulting in visible body impressions on the mattress.
- Odour – your new mattress will give off an odour after it’s unpacked. Don’t worry – it is totally safe and the odour will disappear after a few hours. A well-ventilated room will help speed up this process.
- Discolouration – the colour of the foam is for guidance only and may discolour over time. This is not a fault with the foam, simply oxidation of the dye and will cause no damage to the structure of the mattress.
- Loosening of the cover – as above this is completely normal and will happen naturally over time. Loosening of the cover will not affect the performance of your mattress.
- Bobbling of the cover - as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Physical damage to the mattress as a result of negligent care, including rips, tears, burns and stains.
- Damage to the mattress caused by improper use or storage of the mattress.
- General dislike of the comfort or feel of the mattress after completion of the 100 night money back guarantee period.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights and must be used in line with our mattress care and maintenance instructions as per below.
Making a Claim
To make a claim against your mattress warranty please contact the Tweak Slumber customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to provide the following information to help assist us with your claim:
- Proof of purchase in the form of your order confirmation
- A description of the fault or defect you are experiencing
- Evidence of the issue in the form of photographs clearly showing the faulty components and the entire sleeping surface.
Once we have received your email we will aim to respond to your claim within two working days. Our customer services department will review your claim and provide a suitable resolution to your issue as per the warranty guidelines above.
Please be advised that in some instances we may require further information or evidence. Failure to provide the information as per above may result in your claim being delayed and us being unable to resolve your issue.
Mattress Care and Maintenance
Tweak Slumber mattresses have been designed with hygiene in mind, offering a unique sleeping surface which is easy to clean and keep fresh. Below are some simple instructions on how best to look after your mattress.
- Turning your mattress – There's no need to turn (flip) your mattress. We do however recommend that you rotate it regularly to ensure even wear. Remember to also move the foam inserts inside when you rotate the mattress.
- Cleaning your mattress – we have a unique zippable cover, meaning it can be removed for easy washing and cleaning. We recommend your mattress cover is washed at 30°C and air dried for freshness (do not tumble dry). Additionally, the foams inside your mattress can be removed for airing and vacuuming, helping to keep your mattress fresh for longer.
- Protecting your mattress – there is no need for a mattress protector as your cover can be easily removed for cleaning and even replaced if damaged. You can however use a mattress protector should you choose to.
- Storing your mattress – we recommend that your mattress be kept on a flat level surface. It is safe to be used on any standard divan, slatted or solid base, including the floor. Do not bend or roll your mattress after it has been unpacked, and do not store the mattress on its end or side as this may cause damage the components inside.
- Using your mattress – take care not to use your mattress incorrectly as it may void your warranty. Do not sit on the side of your mattress for long periods of time, as this will cause uneven wear. Do not allow children to jump on the mattress, or place or store heavy objects on the mattress as this can damage the springs underneath and cause the foam components to compress.
- We recommend that Tweak Slumber mattresses are not used by those who spend longer than average in bed, or those who are bed bound. Our mattresses are not recommended for use by anyone weighing over 16 stone.*
*If your weight is in excess of 16 stone, or you spend longer than average in bed, you can still purchase a Tweak Slumber mattress however please note that you may see increased wear over a shorter time period which would not be covered under the warranty. The foam components inside the mattress can however be replaced at a small cost should this happen.